[CentOS-devel] PhpMyAdmin in testing repo

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:22:39 UTC 2006

> > do these pkgs maintain upgrade path from 2.7.x series installs via rpm ?
> I don't know.  I didn't use the phpmyadmin rpm from dev.centos.org, and
> I didn't check if the config.inc.php file from my old 2.6 or 2.7 install
> worked on 2.8, but I assume it would.  It looks like both rpms will
> create a new config.inc.php file though when installed.  I used the one
> from Remi Collet, but ended up changing the authorization method and
> protecting the directory with mod_auth_external.  I'm happy to see
> someone pushing it in Fedora Extras though - looks like that was just
> posted today.

I took a look at Remi Collet's package. He's got some interesting
scripts in the spec file. They attempt to set up the pma_* db and
tables for you in mysql. I'm not sure I like the idea of an rpm
install/upgrade operating directly on a (production) database. It
might very well be harmless, but it just doesn't give me warm fuzzy
feelings.

-Arthur C. Clarke