[CentOS-devel] Updated PHP packages are now in the c4-testing repository

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:34:11 UTC 2006

> Only semi-related: any news on the upstream Application Stack front? If
> not, could we start a small fundraiser to buy one of the CentOS developers
> a license to get access to the sources*?

It was decided to basically go ahead and push php updates without
waiting for upstream to release, as php has some issues that need to
be resolved, and are fixed in the new packages.

If/when upstream finally releases the web app stack, it'll go into a
separate repository. The upgrade path from base/updates will be
seamless. moving from centosplus to the web app stack repo will likely
require manual intervention (removal of some packages with higher
version numbers).

As to donations, everyone should feel free to use the 'donate' link on
centos.org, as really this is how we can get some things done. I'm not
sure how donations of rhn licenses are handled, so I'll let Lance or
Johnny answer that part of the question.

George Orwell