[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Oct 13 07:40:57 UTC 2006

Heya Phil,

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Will come out of my "lurker" closet to chime in agreement with Claire.
> This would seem to be the appropriate list to discuss the philosophy and
> implications of development decisions.

agreed.

> I subscribed originally because
> of testing packages and wanting to provide feedback through the
> appropriate channel.  I have stayed because of interest in where the
> development is headed and the opportunity to see what the developers are
> thinking in a high signal-to-noise environment.
>
> I also don't get paid to develop CentOS, and don't have time to hang out
> on IRC, but can give a bit back to the community by providing feedback,
> bug reports, and occasional help on the users list.  [Although I find my
> opinions are sometimes not shared by the developers, hay, that's what
> community dialog is all about, and I tend to defer to their opinions and
> avoid pointless debates and flame wars.  But I digress...]

you know, I actually appreciate people who make noises when we do stuff
that they do and dont agree with. Isnt that what open source is all
about ? The ability to bring in lots of eyes on simple issues ? We all
gain, all around.

so please dont stop and/or hold back. Flame wars only happen when one
side refuses to accept the others point of view. I think everyone is
entitled to an opinion, and besides a flamefest every now and then is
also a good thing :)

> Please do consider more discussions on issues such as the yumconf
> approach on this list.

yes, we know that we should have made a bit of noise about this yumconf
issue before it went out into the wild. I think we've all learn't a
lesson here.

- KB