[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server 8.0 (was Redhat Directory Server 8.0)

Jean-Marc LIGER jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr
Fri Apr 11 14:47:32 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>> That's Great, so I'll get rid of my own RHDS rebuilt with 1.7 IcedTea
>> and I will test yours today !

Sure, but there was no OpenJDK 1.6 when I begin to rebuilt RHDS.

> We had a discussion about this sometime back online, about using 1.7
> or 1.6, however since 1.7 seems so far away from release, and 1.6
> seems to not-be-that-closed-w.r.t-distributing, it seemed to be the
> way to go.
>
> Make sure you leave some feedback here about your testing so we know
> if the CDS stuff is ready to ship out in mirror.centos.org or not :D
>
> Thanks,
>
> - KB

We first planned to replace our /opt FDS 1.0.4 with the rebuilt rpms of
FDS 1.x. RHDS 8.0 srpms was released during this period, so I rebuilt
these rpms three weeks ago. But, I never find/take the time to test
further. As it is so comfortable to only wait for yum updates, let's
test CDS and contribute to the project :-)