[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:58:44 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the availability of the CentOS Directory Server
(CDS) for testing. The exact details on how to install it can be found
on this wiki page :

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/DirectoryServerSetup

Besides functional testing of CDS it would also be great if you could
watch out for errors in the rebranding (meaning the use of upstream's
name and/or logo).

Any issues you encounter are to be reported here, but you can also
come to the #centos-qa IRC on freenode for support. Also the
documentation for CDS can be found on our website at
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/.

Besides CDS there are other things in the testing repo on
dev.centos.org that could use some testing. These include the openjdk
1.6 java version, the vm kernels (tuned for use inside VMWare etc) and
a newer version of mysql. We are also looking for feedback on those
things so we can move stuff to CentOS Extras or CentOS Plus.

Happy testing,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83