[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS-5 i586 status?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:32:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> > In the CentOS forums, there is a report about some install issue with
> > recent kernels and i586.
> >
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=ASC&topic_id=13870&forum=27

> > If any of you are running i586 on CentOS-4, we would appreciate your
> > input in that thread.
> >
>  The way to chase that up is in a bugreport at bugs.centos.org/ not in the
> forums

Let's give that person a bit of time.  He is now trying to collect
more info about this issue.  When he comes back and if this indeed
looks like a bug in CentOS and not a user error, I will ask him to
file a report.  If he is not comfortable doing it, I of course can do
it for him (or for the community).

I was hoping to hear from someone saying "Nah, I installed i586 using
the latest C4 kernel.  It cannot be a kernel problem".  Then it would
have been clear that this is not a bug.  So, we will see.

Akemi