[CentOS-devel] Using Centos as embedded linux.

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jan 15 07:32:04 UTC 2008

--On Friday, January 11, 2008 10:01 AM +0530 "Vishak V. Kurup"
<vishak.kurup at nestgroup.net> wrote:

> My device configuration is as follows.
> CPU  	: intel Celeron M 1.60 Ghz
> DIMM 	: W/DDR 1GB ECC
> IDE(Primary Master) : Compact Flash (1 GB)
> IDE(Primary Master) : Compact Flash (256 GB)

How big is that? I'm looking for an embedded Linux that would fit in a
3x3x1 inch box, with Ethernet and maybe an FPGA to do fast custom digital
I/O (10 Mbps comm link to another device). I'm not doing data collection so
don't need vast storage; my 2 GB micro SD card would be more than enough.
But lots of memory would be nice and an FPU would be ideal. (I'm doing
trig.)