[CentOS-devel] Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:38:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<al at ciget.cienfuegos.cu> wrote:

> During the last few weeks I've been working on a migration script
> (newbb_to_phpbb) based on a code provided to me by Marcus Moeller to
> move Xoops+CBB forums, topics and posts into phpBB system.
>
> The users are copied from xoops user table onto an LDAP server.
>
> More information in the wiki page:
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums/newbb_to_phpbb

Big thanks to all the efforts being made and I'm glad to see things
are moving forward on this migration.

I have one concern / question.  Is it possible to redirect existing
URLs to the new one.  Forum posts have been referenced in numerous
places, both internally (within the forums) and externally.  If these
links break, it would be a great loss.  Google (and other search
engines) would eventually re-index, I suppose, so it may not be of
much concern.

Akemi