[CentOS-devel] Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Mar 23 20:59:01 UTC 2009

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>> I can definitely arrange for that - however the idea of a 'copy' cant
>> work - we need to have a situation where the userdata is shared between
>> the rest of the website and whatever we are using for the forums ( I was
>> under the impression that this was a goal ? ).
> Describe that idea a bit more, please.

At the moment, the entire website - including different parts of it like
the forums are integrated into a single signon using a sql backend. If
we just do a one-time copy of accounts, that would mean new users on the
website dont get accounts on the forums.

so perhaps we could have a single account-creating process that creates
all relevant accounts on all the different setups, and then move each
one of them one-by-one to use a single ldap backend.

Atleast bugs.centos.org, forums.centos.org, wiki.centos.org and
www.centos.org could use this treatment.

Ofcourse, if someone was brave enough, there might be an attempt at
bringing all these into one ldap instance at the same time :)