[CentOS-devel] Apache ServerTokens says Red Hat

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Sep 4 21:08:57 UTC 2009

On 04/09/09 21:38, Peter Magnusson wrote:
>> That problem has been long dealt with. Use HWADDR in ifcfg-* to
>> statically bind physical interfaces.
>
> Tried that.
> Didnt work.

are you saying that specifying the hwaddr still got you wrong device
name allocations ? I find that quite hard to believe, unless you are
doing some wierd bridging stuff and the nic's are not really using
physical devices.

a bit more info about your setup would be good. on a usual machine, with
usual nic's - I've never heard of hwaddr allocations going walkabout. ever.

- KB