[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:57:42 UTC 2010

Am 26.11.10 19:44, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> - Remove abrt completely ( might not be the best overall solution, but
> it would surely be the fastest short term target )

I am against it, as abrt is one of the few packages which really enables
people to do serious bug reporting (especially as it downloads the
corresponding debug packages which are needed to make sense out of a
crash - and does that automagically).

> - Leave abrt in the distro, but disable chatter abilities with anything
> *.r.c; and *.fedoraproject.org ( that leaves functionality partially
> intact, but local implementations would need to adopt and go with
> whatever they want / need; this solution might not be as nice as the
> last option)

That would be my favourite solution: operate out the part where it
reports to somewhere.

> - Last option: get a plugin together that can do what's needed to file
> at bugs.c.o ( we might need a few more people to get involved with
> triage and handling of issues via that route! )

I don't see how to do that against mantis. And I am (except if someone
wants to run it) against switching to bugzilla, if possible.

Ralph