[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Felix Schwarz felix at schwarz-online.org
Fri Nov 26 20:57:24 UTC 2010

Am 26.11.2010 19:44, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> - Last option: get a plugin together that can do what's needed to file
> at bugs.c.o ( we might need a few more people to get involved with
> triage and handling of issues via that route! )

Personally I don't really like abrt. In Fedora I feel that abrt reports
go mostly unnoticed and just flood the maintainers. IMHO abrt
functionality would be useful for something like kerneloops but not more.

As developer usually you only care about reproducible crashes however
(for me personally) that's only a small subset of crashes detected by
abrt. So I'd recommend against sending abrt reports to bugs.c.o.

Just my 2¢ from personal Fedora experience.

fs