[CentOS-devel] progress?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Feb 19 16:53:27 UTC 2011

On Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:15:39 am Les Mikesell wrote:
> How do you track the work you do, reproduce it across architectures, and
> duplicate it to spread the load over multiple machines?

I don't know how CentOS the project does this; and that's ok.

I do know how Fedora does it, and it's called koji.  And apparently RHEL6 was created with koji.  Koji was built from the ground up to do this, and do it on a large scale.

For all I know Johnny and Karanbir and whoever else is doing buildsystem work for CentOS may be using koji; but my gut feel is that if they're not using it now it's too late in this cycle to start with it.

Perhaps in the future;  and perhaps not, that's up to the folk doing the actual work of producing the distribution to decide.  Not my decision, that much is for sure.  Now if I wanted to produce my own dist (LOOSE; Lamar Owen's Operating System - Enterprise) it would be up to me.  But this is CentOS, and it isn't up to me.  I shouldn't try to be a backseat driver, IOW.