[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 21 13:55:06 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 02:52 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Will centos-release-5-7.0.i386.rpm delete "centos-CR.repo" file in *any*
> case, or are there possibilities that "centos-CR.repo" somehow survives?
>
> If it's name is changed by accident, CR repository will stay enabled.
> Can that affect 5.7 repository in any way by like dist-sync but in the
> opposite direction 5.7 ->  5.6/CR?

yes, local edits will mean that the best we can do is have the file be
moved to .rpmsave - but that would in turn cause the .repo to get disabled.

in either way, once 5.7/os and 5.7/updates are in place, and the /5/
link moves from 5.6 -> 5.7, the only packages in CR would be the
centos-release rpm from 5.7. The other packages will be moved. If we
decide to go down the workflow mentioned above in this thread.

- KB