[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 21 16:51:30 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 05:35 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> (and yes, this is from experience...).  And I thought last time around
>> you said these packages would go through the normal qa process before
>> even going into the option CR repo, so I'll repeat the question as to
>> why you think something is going to be wrong with them.

To re-iterate:

- rpms will be built, and will go through the usual tests
- once QA is happy each rpm will be individually added to a whitelist
allowing it to be pushed automatically to the CR repo.
- packages from CR will move into the /os/ or /updates/ repo for the
point release coming along when its done
- if we need to rebuild a package that has already been released
publicly, there will be a EVR bump.

- KB