[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Steve Meyers steve-centos at spamwiz.com
Tue Mar 1 18:31:00 UTC 2011

On 3/1/11 1:54 AM, Andreas Rogge wrote:
> But not having a CMS will become a maintenance-horror either. There is
> no site that only aggregates feeds, there's always some content left
> (i.e. you don't intend to generate "Download CentOS X"-Buttons by
> crafting weird CSS-voodoo around an rss feed, do you?) and you have to
> somehow organize the feeds you display.

I don't necessarily agree, depending on the number of pages.  Assuming,
of course, that some PHP or other scripting is allowed on the back end
to do some simple stuff like grabbing and caching RSS feeds before
generating the page.

If you're using a CMS to manage just a couple pages, then you're
probably fighting with the CMS to make it work the way you want it to.
With just a few pages, the benefits aren't as significant.

Steve