[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Tue Mar 1 19:59:57 UTC 2011

Am 01.03.2011 19:31, schrieb Steve Meyers:
> If you're using a CMS to manage just a couple pages, then you're
> probably fighting with the CMS to make it work the way you want it to.
If you're "fighting" with your CMS you're definitely using the wrong
tool for the job.

> With just a few pages, the benefits aren't as significant.
They obviously are. It is "learn to use git and how to program php" and
"try to understand the code you wrote two years ago" vs. "have a look at
the 5 minute CMS introduction video" for being able to edit the page.

As I already said: we need something that's good at aggregation and can
do simple cms stuff. I don't say Drupal/Joomla/whatever is the right
tool, but plain PHP with code + content mixed up is just a pain.

So we'll either end up with an CMS or some php "framework" (maybe just a
few libs thrown together) to make editing the page rather simple.
I guess the latter one would work, but I doubt it has any real
advantages over a _simple_ cms+aggregator solution.

"Lets to it with php ourselves" sounds like a NIH-problem to me and will
become a maintenance-horror in the long run.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG