[CentOS-docs] Proposal for standardized mugshots

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Wed Jun 3 07:37:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, JohnS wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 14:56 -0400, JohnS wrote:

>>> Well, currently the plan is to release it on the wiki. I have no easy way
>>> of converting it to something that would email easily, but what we could
>>> do is either send the link/summary to the centos-announce mailing list
>>> and/or create a seperate centos-newsletter mailing list with the sole
>>> purpose of inviting people to read the Newsletter on the wiki.
>> ----
>> If wanted I can look into one for mailing out to subscribers. HTML and
>> Text? It should not be that bad to do as most other news letters are
>> sent via email.

I guess we could do it for the next issue. How would you convert the
content ?

I don't know what you mean with this. dag at centos.org accepts both.

> Also I just want to say I may be able to do mobile platforms also.
> Windows CE and Up for sure.

Can you elaborate ? Why wouldn't HTML work ?

To be honest I don't want to make the process more complex. It is more
important to me that we have a bi-weekly newsletter rather than get lost
in the complexity of technology and fail to produce it :)

So I am not going to look into it myself, if someone else wants to pursue
this, be my guest.