[CentOS-docs] New Wiki Page

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sat May 9 11:09:21 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, David Dreggors wrote:

> David Dreggors wrote:
>> OK, I have a first draft of my Wiki page here:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Compaq/CQ60-206US
>>
>> Can I get some feedback on this page?

It looks fine. For the nvidia I would prefer if we go to a packaged
solution (we do have dkms-nvidia drivers which will have an update soon).

But I hope we can integrate dkms-nvidia into elrepo as kmod-nvidia (and
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia).

For the audio (and maybe other unresolved issues) I would advise to look
for information from other Linux distributions for this type of laptop (or
veen this type of hardware) and see whether any of those suggestions may
work for you. It would be nice if we could resolve it asap.

> In reference to that page, in the guidelines for the wiki it says I
> should create a Wiki HomePage to make myself available.
>
> The link in the guidelines points to
> "http://wiki.centos.org/CategoryHomepage"
>
> I tried and I see no links to edit. I do not seem to have rights to edit
> that page to create one.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, you have to request that it is created for you and that you get
access. This is another sore point in the process, I would prefer if the
person granting access would automatically create the Homepage and grant
the correct access.

And that is something I know how to do for you, so I just did !