[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Wed Sep 16 18:27:42 UTC 2009

Christoph Maser wrote:

> Btw. i really consider the current nagios article on the wiki bad. Its
> totally outdated and covers way to much info how to configure nagios
> itself. In my opinion this should be simply replaced by links to the
> official documentation since it is out of place and incomplete.

The point of the article was exactly that. I'll have to disagree here,
since the point of the guide is how to install and configure Nagios for
basic use. I personally don't care if you edit it to your likes, but
many people find it useful as it is, because Nagios can be quite
complicated to use.

Feel free to edit the article, however, if you remove too much, please
delete my name from the top of the article, though.

I know the article is a bit out of date, but the basic principals of
Nagios still function the same. I've not had time the last year to go
through and re-write it to newer versions of Nagios. Probably all of my
docs could use touch-ups, but some personal issues this past year has
prevented me from doing so.

Again, feel free to change, add, delete irrelevant parts, etc. That's
the point of the wiki, for others to add and change things. :)

Regards,
Max