[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Mathew S. McCarrell mccarrms at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:34:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 16.09.2009, 15:19 +0200 schrieb Ralph Angenendt:
> > On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Martin Boel, Silverbullet
> > <boel at silverbullet.dk> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > username: MartinBoel
> > >
> > > Please grant me access.
> >
> > Done. I hope you incorporate The things Christoph Maser has mentioned
> > and don't just add the one line from your first mail (which will
> > break, when the box is relabeled).
> >
> > Ralph
>
> Btw. i really consider the current nagios article on the wiki bad. Its
> totally outdated and covers way to much info how to configure nagios
> itself. In my opinion this should be simply replaced by links to the
> official documentation since it is out of place and incomplete.
>

> Chris
>

> financial.com AG
>
> Munich head office/Hauptsitz München: Maria-Probst-Str. 19 | 80939 München
> | Germany
> Frankfurt branch office/Niederlassung Frankfurt: Messeturm |
> Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 49 | 60327 Frankfurt | Germany
> Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr.
> Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach
> Supervisory board/Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Dr. Ernst zur Linden
> (chairman/Vorsitzender)
> Register court/Handelsregister: Munich – HRB 128 972 | Sales tax ID
> number/St.Nr.: DE205 370 553

It might be simpler to just have a tutorial that uses the package that is
available from rpmforge.  I have already written such a tutorial and it
receives several hundred hits each month.  Its also the second result in
Google if you search for "install nagios centos."

Just a thought.

Matt

--
Mathew S. McCarrell