[CentOS-docs] Ambiguity on a CentOS dot Org Web Page.

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sun Feb 21 03:43:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 18:37 -0600, donavan nelson wrote:
> I suspect if you tried with 6G you would significantly less than 5.1G
> used post install.

Agreed, as previous tests showed.  Doesn't help much with estimating the
minimum requirement if the OS won't install, and a practical system
needs some headroom anyway, so I don't think listing 6GB as a minimum
for a default install is out of line.

Anybody want to take a crack at a recommended amount of disk space?  I'd
say at least 20GB for /.  My current KDE/GNOME/Development/Multimedia
desktop weighs in at 13GB.

Phil