[CentOS-mirror] new private mirror

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:09:42 EST 2010

Am 11.11.10 21:04, schrieb c.hirschmann-centos at jonaspasche.com:
> Hello,
>
> According to your site on mirroring (http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22) I should let you know about this -- although I'm not sure whether this is really addressed at non-public mirrors.

Hmm, really? I didn't find that :)

> Looking through your mailing list's archive I gathered that you are currently preparing to change your mirror infrastructure. If in doing this you should implement a way to run a private mirror without having to update the CentOS-Base.repo file on every machine (for example by giving clients different mirrorlists depending on the netrange their request are originating from), I'd be very much obliged.

That probably will depend on what we choose to go with and if we want to
officially support "private" mirrors. AFAICS that creates work for us
with no obvious benefits. And I rather have large corporations offer a
public mirror than a private mirror :)

Regards,

Ralph