[CentOS-mirror] I create a mirror for CentOS 5.5

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] centos-org at bauani.org
Sun Nov 21 01:57:22 EST 2010

Dear John

Thanks for your reminder and point to the guideline. With respect to
the guideline, I would like the add some few more line.

The guideline was created on 2004 and Last updated on 2009. This is
November 2010, a lot of change has been maid. Even we are trying to
change the current method of choosing nearest mirror.

Forget about 3 years, think about the last 1 years, how the things
changes. If you don't like any conversation, you are welcome to 'hit'
the 'del' button of your keyboard.

Kindly

Ahamed Bauani
http://blog.bauani.org/

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 01:12:32PM -0300, Brivaldo Junior wrote:
>> Thanks!
>
>        Is there any possible way that you and Ahamed can possibly
>        *stop* top-posting and *do* trim your replies down and only
>        quote what is pertinent to the current conversation?
>
>        I just removed 295 lines and 8k bytes of cascade replies that
>        served absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
>
>        The CentOS project has a set of guidelines it encourages to be
>        used for their mailing lists.  These guidelines are at:
>
>        http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
>
>        Thank you.
>

>                                                        John
> --
> I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that
> there are as few as there are any other great artists.  It might even be
> the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
>
> -- John Steinbeck (1902-1968), American writer, Nobel laureate, Pultizer
>   Prize awardee, "...like captured fireflies" (1955)

Regards & Besh Wishes

Noor Ahamed Bauani
Chief Technology Advisor
Dhaka Wireless
http://www.dhaka-wireless.net/
An IPv6 Ready ISP in Bangladesh, Need an IPv6 Connectivity? Just Knock us!
HP: +880-1818-BAUANI (SMS Only, No Direct Call Please)