[CentOS-mirror] mirrormanager: Database conversion

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Dec 12 00:29:42 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 03:58:43PM -0600, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> >> Okay. As this is free form for us, this needs normalizing, then.
>
> Hrm, first I need to offer an apology for being quite over such a long
> time, but real life really got into my way for the last > 2 weeks.
>
> I guess I've identified the needed fields from our database and now have
> the following in a csv table: (all one line)
>

> "LMU Muenchen, Dpt. Biologie 2,
> IT-Gruppe","http://centos.bio.lmu.de/","ftp://centos.bio.lmu.de/centos/","rsync://centos.bio.lmu.de/CentOS/","100Mbit","Ralph
> Angenendt","centos-mirror-lmu at strg-alt-entf.org","http://zi.bio.lmu.de/","de"
>
> These are the fields: Name of the mirror's sponsor, then the mirror URLs
> (http,ftp and rsync). Next field is bandwidth (where we have *tons* of
> mirrors without any entry - mostly older entries). Then "Contact Name",
> "Contact Mail", "URL to sponsor" and the countrycode (here de for Germany).
>
> Does that look like a workable subset?

Yes.

I've created an import script, in ~mdomsch/import_centos
which I haven't tested at all, but should be fairly close.

Need to add a header to the CSV as I note in the script.
Need to convert those "100Mbit" values to '100', either in the script
or manually in the CSV before import.

Users will be created in the local database, with random 16-character
passwords, and username == their email address.  It will send an
email.

Need to create a wiki page in the CentOS wiki on how to configure
report_mirror for CentOS use.  The email points at this wiki page.

I'll be mostly offline from 12/17 - 1/3, but will occasionally be able
to check email.  I will have exceedingly limited internet access
during this time, but will respond if/when I can.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist