[CentOS-mirror] Bandwidth questions

Simeon Berkley sberkley at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Mar 18 11:15:12 EDT 2011

I'm setting up a public mirror (ftp only so far) on one of our servers
and was wondering what kind of bandwidth usage to plan for. We have
about 100M overall at this site, but I want to make sure that I can
limit the rate appropriately. I had planned on doing this using the ftp
server's configuration (vsftpd).

Anyone have any notes on a good ballpark figure for maximum number of
connections and maximum bandwidth per connection? Any horror stories,
grim warnings or sage advice appreciated.

--
S i m e o n  B e r k l e y

Systems Engineer
Mcclatchy Interactive