[Centos] fresh install - resolv.conf error?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Apr 12 22:40:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Troy Engel wrote:

> Before I submit as a bug, has anyone else encountered -- doing a fresh,
> clean install of CentOS-3 results in a resolv.conf with only my
> secondary nameserver listed and the search domain.

neat bug -- I have not seen it -- but I use dhcp everywhere,
so I never look at the /etc/resolv.conf after an install, and
it gets wiped by the dhcp-client every lease renewal;  The
over-rides of dhclient-script and dhclient.conf do not seem to
work according to the man pages in CentOS, but in tracing
through the RH scripts, some of the man page options appear to
have been not supported.

I would bugzilla it locally, and then check upstream at the RH
bugzilla for like reports; I will look for it next time I
install;   I assume you are setting static IP and resolver
information?

-- Russ Herrold