[Centos] Wiki Choices

Andy Masiar amasiar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:37:04 UTC 2004

I don't know if its too late for wiki suggestions, but I would like to
point out MoinMoin Wiki http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/

I've been using MoinMoin for some time now and I'm very satisfied with
its performance. I'm former Twiki user (don't recommend it to anyone)
and I'm not familiar with the other wikis (besides briefly reading
their feature list).

MoinMoin is very mature with an active community. Besides pretty much
the standard features there's a few that I think are essential (in no
particular order)

- MoinMoin is python based and uses flat file storage, so it's really
easy to install and it's really easy to run multiple wikis on the same
server.
- Large number of macros, especially FAQ macro and TableOfContents
macro for easy customization
- User registration (with email confirmation) and ACL's
- Configurable edit locking/warning to avoid editing conflicts
- Fast and lean. Also supports FastCGI and mod_python
- Relatively easy to configure sharp looking themes.

Links!

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinFeatures
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinScreenShots

And if I can help setting up or customizing MoinMoin, let know :-)