[Centos] Problems with CentOS 3.3 Disk2 Iso Image?

donavan nelson donavan at 4wx.net
Tue Oct 12 21:14:50 UTC 2004

Geoff where did you get this information?  I'd be interesting in reading it.

Typically, these issues are:
1) cheap/low quality media,
2) burning at 48X and hoping that old 4x IDE cdrom will read the disk
while trying to install.

As a test, turn around and mount mount the CD on the machine that burned
the disk and try doing a "cp -a" off the cd to your hard disk.

A better option, particularly if you have enough machines is to setup a
machine as a install server.  Over the lan it's much faster than CD (for
me any YMMV).  This box can also be turned into a local repository for
yum updates.  It's also much faster doing an upgrade off a local box. :)

.dn