[Centos] another yum question

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Oct 14 10:42:26 UTC 2004

Martin Hamant wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:02:37 +0200
> Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> disait:
> > I have my own yumconf package with a preposterously high Epoch - 10.
> > So yum won't install centos-yumconf over my package :)
> >

> centos-yumconf overwrite centos-yum.conf if i believe the SRPM.
>
> Ho do you make the centos-yumconf package to not overwrite you own
> package? do you changed the name or release version ? Do you
> simply replace /etc/yum.conf ?

Well, yes, I changed the name. And the release version, as it is my
*own* package, not following yum.conf (as I have a local repository for
CentOS and our own stuff, which is kept in sync via rsync).

My package provides yumconf (as does centos-yumconf), to ensure, that my
package doesn't get overwritten, I set the epoch in my RPM to 10. Maybe
I have to think about that in 5 to 6 years, but then I just could set
the Epoch of my package to 20 :)

So even if centos-yumconf does get a higher release version than my
package does, the high Epoch still keeps my package from being
overwritten by yum.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...HA-Multimedia | ....to right-justify any idea, even one