[Centos] different iso's

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Oct 22 21:10:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Lee W wrote:

> Thanks dag,
>
> Your post is excellent timing as I was considering asked such a question
> about if it was possible to integrate all the YUM/RPM updates into the
> installation tree therefore removing the requirement to run the installer
> then YUM sepearatly after the end of the installation or as part of the
> post-install script when using Kixstart.
>
> Have I interpretted the description on your site correctly?

No, sadly it doesn't do that (yet), although it would be nice if it could.
But of course that would require to symlink the whole ISO instead of
installing directly from the mounted ISOs. It's not impossible, but I have
to rethink this, it certainly fits the goals of the project, so I'mm
adding it to the TODO list.

I would welcome such patches if you're interest to write it, but it should
leave the option to allow how it is now.