[Centos] Release of centos-3.3 ISP bill

Greg M. Kurtzer greg at runlevelzero.net
Tue Oct 26 18:04:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 10:43:48AM -0700, Jeff Coleman wrote:
> Greg,
>
> 1 - I will be glad to make a donation to your project.  I would be happier
> using Paypal than entering my CC info on every site that has a donations
> policy.  Any chance of you creating a PayPal account?

Kintera (our donation management partner) used to take paypal donations, but
don't seem to be doing that anymore. I am checking with them now.

> 2 - As founder of www.contribs.org (SME Server) I ran into the bandwidth
> issue bigtime each time there was a release or upgrade.  The solution we
> finally came to worked well for everyone.
>
> We simply got a mirror at Ibiblio and a few others and then we rsync the
> appropriate directories over to the mirrors.  All downloads happen at the
> mirror sites and the bandwidth that you have is reserved for the website.

So our mirror list sorta accomplishes the same thing. These were hits though
from mirrors, and from people hitting or syncing to mirror.caosity.org which
is a rrdns pool of mirror servers that we maintain.

> Thanks to you and all the other folks who make it possible for us to lurk
> the lists and utilize your work product.

:)
--
Greg M. Kurtzer
http://runlevelzero.net/