[Centos] Re: CentOS-2 to CentOS-3 migration

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Sep 27 01:02:00 UTC 2004

CentOS2 -> CentOS3 is tricky because almost everything needs to be
upgraded.  Although most things can probably be sorted out, rpm and it's
dependents, yum and it's dependents (python) and probably glibc will be
the problems, mainly because they are running at the time you are trying
to install the new ones.  If anyone tries it, send me the procedure but
I think it might be easier to reinstall.

There will also be problems with things like printing changing from lpr
to cups etc.

RedHat do not provide up upgrade option/procedure so I think you can
take that as an indicator of how well it might work.

John.