[CentOS] How to properly install W*nd*ws XP along with CentOS?

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Fri Apr 15 03:46:43 UTC 2005

Ian mu wrote:

> Btw I don't think linux-ntfs will write to ntfs (someone will correct
> me if wrong), but will allow reading. You can always use captive-ntfs
> but not sure I would recommend that as a regular heavy usage method,
> but handy if you need to mount and write the odd file to it.
If you want to share files between windows & linux, use fat32 (create a
partition for this).

If you want to access your linux files from windows (explore2fs and the
like), ask yourself if you really need LVM2 when you install CentOS?
Windows does not know about LVM2 so any tools you want to use need to be
updated (in progress for Explore2fs, other tools I don't know about).

John.