[CentOS] How to properly install W*nd*ws XP along with CentOS? - (A)MSN Messenger?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Fri Apr 15 08:52:50 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the excellent suggestions!

As soon as the machine is in, I think I'll go for additional HD space
and make sure to install Windows on a FAT32 partition rather than an
NTFS one (good suggestion regarding the FAT32 one, it slipped my mind
that FAT32 can be written (and read) by Linux as well, without any issues).

Then a further question: for some of our communication we use MSN
Messenger. When looking on the Internet with Google, I came across AMSN
(a SourceForge "freeware version of MSN"). Does anyone have any
experiences with this Messenger? Does it work (equally) well as the more
recent MSN versions and can it work successfully for chatting with
people using MSN, or is it just the so-manyth Messenger that uses their
own channels? Also, if this isn't the most ideal Messenger to use for
communicating with people using MSN Messenger, can someone suggest me a
better solution?

Cheers,
Olafo