[CentOS] bash file direct execution

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Tue Aug 2 11:05:49 UTC 2005

>On 02/08/05, dan1 <dan1 at edenpics.com> wrote:
>> So the question is: does anybody know what program is in charge of
>> parsing
>> that '#!/bin/sh' information, which apparently makes an error in the
>> parsing
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang answers that.
>
>The "file" package will certainly be needed for this to function
>correctly but I imagine your system would be really badly broken
>without.
>
># rpm -qf magic
>file-4.12-1.FC3.1
># rpm -qi file
>
>Peter mentioned the possibility of your partitions being mounted
>noexec, what's the output of a "mount" command?
>
>Will.

Hello, Will.

Thanks for this explanation of the magic invocation.
I have tried the command you have stated above but had no results:
[root at box /]# rpm -qf magic
error: file magic: No such file or directory

But that is the same with the working box.
However, here is the result of the second command:
[root at anoigo /]# rpm -qi file
Name        : file                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.10                              Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 2                             Build Date: Mon 21 Feb 2005
07:58:50
 PM EST
Install Date: Tue 02 Aug 2005 12:31:41 PM EDT      Build Host:
guru.build.karan.
org
Group       : Applications/File             Source RPM: file-4.10-2.src.rpm
Size        : 1330107                          License: distributable
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sat 26 Feb 2005 03:37:03 PM EST, Key ID
a53d0bab443e1821
Packager    : Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>
Summary     : A utility for determining file types.
Description :
The file command is used to identify a particular file according to the
type of data contained by the file.  File can identify many different
file types, including ELF binaries, system libraries, RPM packages, and
different graphics formats.

Here is also the output of the 'mount' command:

[root at box /]# mount
/dev/md0 on / type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/md1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)

Kind regards,
Daniel