[CentOS] Java installation problem.

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Aug 7 17:42:31 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin wrote:
> This is quite a bit cleaner than I've done things in the past, and
> something I should probably learn.

Yeah, I've done this a few times, but ...

Jim Perrin wrote:
> After running this command, I ran alternatives --display java and
> noticed that a fair amount of the slaves were not set including jre
> etc. Have you worried about setting these? I've read through the
> manpage for alternatives, but if you have any other documentation
> sources I'd love to read them.

That's why I don't go through the whole mess.
One of these days I've make an RPM to "fix" the alternatives.

But until then, I typically either do things manually, or yank the GCJ
install.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com