[CentOS] Caching nameserver -- [OT] Message-ID tracking, Subject appending

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Wed Aug 10 17:30:01 UTC 2005

}
} If you check the Message-ID, they are _all_ the _same_
} thread.
}
} Maintaining the root subject helps avoid this, just append
} follow-ups with the relevant change in focus.
}
} E.g., I did when we went someone brought up nscd.
} I did it again when BIND was clearly the focus.
} I did the same when I focused on the Windows client.
}
} If you view the archives, they are so threaded _together_.
}
} If you [re-]append the subject, and sort by thread, date or
} even subject, you can easily pick out the relevant posts you
} are interested in (without having to read _all_ of them).
}
} And they still sort well by subject, _unlike_ pre-pending the
} subject with something different.  That should _only_ be done
} when the subject changes massively.
}
} Mailing lists via SMTP, just like UseNet groups via NNTP, can
} benefit from this approach which was laid out in the O'Reilly
} Posting Guidelines from long ago.
}
} --
} Bryan J. Smith

thanks Bryan, appreciated. like i said, i am not an expert at threads etc
and i am currently using a braindead mailer etc till i can consolidate and
switch.

:)

--
Robert Hanson