[CentOS] [Fwd: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] nxsetup issue when gid is not specified]

Adrian Coman

adi.coman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:39:54 UTC 2005

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [FreeNX-kNX] nxsetup issue when gid is not specified
Date: 	Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:00:42 +0200
From: 	Thorsten Sandfuchs <fux at users.berlios.de>
To: 	User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
CC: 	centos at centos.org

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 09:00:57AM +0300, Adrian Coman wrote:
> I have freenx-0.4.4-1.centos4 and when trying to install it I get this error:
> Setting up user nx ...useradd: unknown group -d
> The problem is that in the nxsetup file there is no default value for
> the SETUP_GID variable, and when trying to add the nx user IF THE
> --GID IS NOT SPECIFIED, the USERADD_OPTIONS variable contains (between
> others):
> USERADD_OPTIONS= -g $SETUP_GID

this is a bug, which is fixed in r122, which unfortunatelly didn't make it the
0.4.4-final.

Try using svn-head of the FreeNX-0.4-branch as replacement of your nxsetup,
hopefully we now even create the group, accordingly to the options
specified. Please test and report more bugs.
(atm:
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/*checkout*/freenx/freenx-server/branches/FreeNX-0.4/nxsetup?rev=126)

thx,
				/fux