[CentOS] (OT) Novell Community Offer; CentOS LUG; VMWare

R P Herrold

herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Aug 17 14:34:20 UTC 2005

There was some interest in the IRC channel on the latest
Novell offering to the trade.  This is interesting as it
contains a full non-timebombed VMWare instance, in addition to
the Novell technical offerings mentioned in the E-Mail below.

Novell has announced a renewal of their periodic DVD sampler
program -- feel free to indulge.

Additionally, there was a offer some months directly from
VMWare, to sell full current license electronic delivery
VMWare instances for $100 to members of qualified LUG's.  At
the time the admins of Centos discussed the matter briefly of
setting up a LUG (in electronic, rather than physical meeting
form) and registering it with VMWare.

I will explore with VMWare if there this program is still
available, and report back.

- Russ Herrold

----- Forwarded message from Linux Community <Linux_Community at novell.com>
-----