[CentOS] Mouse Problems

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 15:07:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 10:51, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> 	I hope that you are well. I have installed CentOS 4.1 and I have an MS mouse.
> The mouse pointer can be moved around BUT I cannot click on anything menus and
> such, even during the install the mouse isn't operational for clickage. Any
> thoughts. Any help would be most welcome. I am using an Avocent SwitchView MP,
> but its made no difference in installing Core 3 or any other OS.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Aly.

Have you tried directly connecting the mouse to the system you are
the KVM is not passing mouse options correctly for some reason.

Have seen similar problems with Belkin KVM switches.  In that case when
switching between systems the mouse would become erratic jumping all
over the screen.  Most of the time putting psmouse.proto=imps on the
kernel boot line in grub.conf would resolve this problem.

You may also want to try replacing imps with bare if imps does not
help.  There a few other options for this parameter but I have not used
them and don't know them off the top of my head.  Possibly someone else
can point out the other options.

BTW: I recommend that no one use Belkin KVM switches.  They seem to
consistently cause problems for many many people.