[CentOS] Building bacula RPM from Karanbir's repo

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 31 15:18:13 UTC 2005

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried to rebuild bacula from the source RPM provided on
> Karanbir's CentOS yum repo?

yes :) I have!

>  Every time I give it a go, I'm given this
> error during the configure stage:
>
> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
> you must specify one
 >
> I've tried specifying the host type in the spec file itself by entering
> the following:
> --host=x86_64-centos-linux-gnu
> and
> --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

whats in /etc/rpm/platform ?  and you might want to work with --define
"_host foo"

> but neither have worked.

Have you ever managed to build anything on this machine ? ( try
something smaller like time-*.src.rpm )

> This is my first go at building bacula, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing
> something: I just don't know what.
>
> Is the spec file hosed?  Something else entirely?

Spec builds fine for me. install the src.rpm and take a look, its quite
a well defined spec[1] file.

- KB

[1] make sure you look at the changelog and see my first note in there -
you might want to override those settings

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc