[CentOS] LDAP Implementations

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 17:38:10 UTC 2005

"Bruno S. Delbono" <Bruno.S.Delbono at Mail.AC> wrote:
> Yesterday, Sun also made their JES/Identity Server stack
> all free. From a few Sun internal mailing lists that I am
> subscribed to:
> So, soon one should be able to get not only Sun's Java
> Messaging Server (which incidently runs beautifully on
> CentOS ;-)), but also their Directory Server 5.2 with
> source code (under CDDL, I believe).

Sun isn't standing while Red Hat moves forward.

Be aware that many things are still "Free Beer" and not even
MPL-licensed, and there is the Java requirement, but for some
integrators (including myself), there are too many advantages
to Solaris and Sun technologies in some uses.

Just remember it's _not_ 100% redistributable and open source
like anything that comes out of Red Hat, so remember to
mitigate any risks in those regard if you still see value.