[CentOS] LDAP Implementations (was: Linking against a specifi c Berkeley DB install)

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Dec 2 14:03:21 UTC 2005

From: Bryan J. Smith [mailto:thebs413 at earthlink.net]

> Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com> wrote:
> > I'm not resistant to changing programs.
>
> I didn't think you needed to, that's why I didn't suggest
> FDS.  I only commented on FDS after several people commented,
> and it was clear that was a tangent going forward.
>
> > We are in a testing mode now and I have barely even started
> > looking into how to configure multi-master replication in
> > OpenLDAP.
>
> Oh, I had assumed you already had OpenLDAP in production.  In
> that case, download FDS 7.1 (legacy binary version) from
> here:
>   http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Special:Download
>
> > The showstopper at the moment is that FDS 1.0 does not currently
> > support x86_64, which is what our production servers will be
> > running.
>
> You can run the i386 version on x86_64.  But yeah, from a
> scalability standpoint, it would be nice.

Their website says:

    The FDS 1.0 package includes the core DS, the Admin Server, the
    Management Console, web applications, and other support code for
    those apps, including online help. These work on 32 bit only - we
    are working on x86_64 support.

I interpreted that to mean that their i386 build would not run on
x86_64.

Bowie