[CentOS] Dovecot w/ MySQL Source RPM Issues

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Dec 6 19:16:03 UTC 2005

Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
>> It appears that the stock RPM for Dovecot comes with Postgres, but not
>> MySQL support.
>>
>> It looks like I need to download the source RPM and then rebuild it
>> with MySQL support.  Could someone outline the steps I need to do this
>> or point me to a good resource?  I have not worked with source RPMs in
>> the past, but it looks like it is time to learn!
>

> This morning I pulled down the source RPM for Dovecot in an attempt to
> get MySQL support.  The first thing I tried was the steps here:

well, if you just look at the .spec file included in dovecot's src.rpm
- you will find its already built with mysql support.

having said that, I had to get a dovecot install going with mysql
support, and I took the easy way around, and left dovecot auth working
against pam, and setting up pam_mysql to handle the backend.

pam_mysql is available at http://centos.karan.org/ in the Extras repo,
for both i386 and x86_64 CentOS4.

- K