[CentOS] Re: Anyone here install Java Studio Creator with CentOS 4?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Sat Dec 10 17:57:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 11:46 -0600, Alex White wrote:
> Well libstdc++ exists in /usr/lib/ on my system 4 U2 it's:

Okay, I wasn't sure which one I'd symlink off of. I appreciate the
explanation.

> Now, if you know that your application is erroring off with
> something similar to "unable to locate libstdc++.so.2" Just as an
> example, then you could do something like: ln -s
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/libstdc.so.2

I need to look at the error log. It might be looking in an entirely
different location, maybe? I mean either it's hard-coded to look for a
certain version or to look somewhere else (assuming it's possible that
RHEL 2.x ut libstdc somewhere else).

> If that doesn't work then just delete your symlink and all will be
> right with the world. Make sure not to delete the actual library
> though, I've done somethin' stupid like that before lol

:-)

Thanks.

Preston