[CentOS] bacula on centos

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Sun Dec 11 21:25:14 UTC 2005

Dustin Krysak wrote:
> Are there any known issues with using bacula with centos 4.2?
>
> How about a recipe of some kind?

I've used it without any problems.  I've built my own RPM packages from
SRPM.  Didn't quite liked the prebuilt ones.  Changes include running
director and storage daemon as non-priviledged users, removing real
passwords from configuration files, resolved conflict with system
provided mtx package.  Maybe there were some other small stuff.  And I'm
usually faster to build my own RPMs when new versions are out, then
waiting for them to appear on Bacula's download site.