[CentOS] which iso package for AMD Clawhammer 3700+ 64

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Wed Dec 21 15:14:39 UTC 2005

rado wrote:

>Hi!
>
>In the next few days...maybe even this afternoon, I will be putting
>together a 64 w/the AMD Clawhammer 3700+ 64.
>
>This is my first experience w/64 architecture...so I need not say more
>on that.
>
>I only lack a couple mins from having the 4.2-x86_64 cds from the
>bittorrent. It says it's to handle the AMD Athlon 64 Opteron  and
>Intel's xeon.
>
>Did I get the right package for this Clawhammer off the bittorrent or
>just which package do y'all suggest for this processor???
>
>thx in advance,
>
>John Rose

John, I suspect you got the right package.  I'm running it here on a
dual Xeon machine, and aside from the few quirks of library duplications
and the lack of a JVM for the browser, it does very well.  I'm too lazy
to install the 32-bit version of Firefox or Mozilla either one and go
thru all the drill of installing the java vm, but I don't normally use
that box for surfing.   It's normally tied up running wx models, and
that takes just about all the process time I can get from it.

Sam

--
Snowman