[CentOS] RPM conflicts - help!

Mon Dec 26 20:48:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 10:33 -0800, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> I'm building a database/application server with a Dual-Opteron 64 bit system.
>
> I need to run PHP4, Apache, and Postgres 8.1, but I'm having conflicts with
> Postgres 8.1 and PHP 4 that comes with CentOS.
>
> History:
> 1) I installed Apache and PHP with yum.
> 2) I then installed PostgreSQL 8.1 RPMs from the PG website.
> 3) Then, I tried to install php-pgsql with yum - and it didn't work,
> complaining about pgsql.so.3. So, I installed with --nodeps and symlinked the
> /usr/lib64/libpq.so.4 -> /usr/lib64/libpq.so.3.
>
> Now, PHP and PGSQL work without any problems. But now, I can't do a yum update
> - it still complains about pgsql.so.3!
>
> What can I do to resolve this?

We have a pgslq 8.x in the dev.centos.org site ... you might try that:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

(remember that this is beta quality for centos ... but it still should
be a better fit than standard stuff from the pgsql website because it
should work with php/apache from centos.)