[CentOS] App add/delete and changing from CD install to LAN

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 28 15:09:41 UTC 2005

At 09:56 AM 12/28/2005, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>Sorry to double post, but this is important :)

Now you tell me <:-|

>http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/yum/sn-software-management-tools.html
>
>The above link discusses the "Add/Remove Packages" software (known as
>system-config-packages).  That package is included so that if you are
>doing an install off off the ISOs and will NOT EVER be updating the
>install (not a good idea if it is connected to the internet), then you
>can use system-config-packages to install more software.
>
>Here is the note:
>
>The system-config-packages utility can ONLY be used if you do not update
>any packages and install only from the CD/DVD. This utility will fail if
>updates have been done.

Well, I KNOW that I updated system z9m9z with yum update, then came
back and added BIND (which I left off in the initial install).

But it DID fail on system Port3890 when trying to add Thunderbird and
a few other odds and ends.

I did just install Thunderbird with:  yum install thunderbird

I will have to figure out what else I had decided add and do that via yum.